Get Your Free Relationship Quiz!

Headline

  • Please send me my free relationship readiness quiz. I want to know what's holding me back from attracting my soul mate.

  • 6 subscribers
  • Email Marketing by GetResponse

Monday 21 December 2009

Day 7 of 30 day blogging challenge


The evening spent in glorious film mode. First to be enjoyed "Dirty Dancing" Dirty Dancing: The Ultimate Girls' Night In Collector's Edition [1987] [DVD] with the late Mr Swayze and Ms Grey. Enjoyed all the more as it was spent cuddled up and loved up.

Second film viewed "The Wedding Singer"The Wedding Singer: Special Edition [1998] [DVD] with Mr Sandler and the very watchable Ms Barrymore. Unexpected viewing, and ultimately entertaining. I am feeling more in the festive spirit and even more grateful for the people in my life.

The 1963 story of "Dirty Dancing", filmed in 1987 with original artistes and music provides great dancing scenes as well as a strong storyline and enchanting background setting in North Carolina. Although I have watched "Dirty Dancing" many times, each time I watch it I realise something different about the film as well as life itself.

There are many injustices and one of them is the misconceptions and judgements people place on others without even knowing them. Even though the film is set in the 1960s and was made in the 1980s, it is valid today and has managed to stand the test of time. It is also a great reminder of the magic that Patrick Swayze brought to the screen.

"The Wedding Singer" is a film I have begun to watch on a few occasions without being able to complete it. This evening was different. I not only enjoyed the humour and romantic confusion, I could also enjoy the 80s soundtrack for what it was and happily sang along with some of the tunes. Adam Sandler brings comedic genius to the character he portrays and with Drew Barrymore creates something that many screen couples are not able to convey to the viewer.

I have again been reminded of the simple things in life that make it worth living as well as the joy that can be brought from appreciating what is.

As D. H Lawrence said...
The dawn was apple-green,
The sky was green wine held up in the sun,
The moon was a golden petal between.

She opened her eyes, and green
They shone, like flowers undone
For the first time now, for the first time seen.

See everything as though seeing it for the first time.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am passionate about empowering mature men and women to develop the confidence and skills to make conscious choices for their love lives. I believe we are all deserving of exquisite romantic relationships and as such am on a mission to ensure that as many people as possible are able to enjoy a fulfilling love life.

BlogCatalog