Get Your Free Relationship Quiz!

Headline

  • Please send me my free relationship readiness quiz. I want to know what's holding me back from attracting my soul mate.

  • 6 subscribers
  • Email Marketing by GetResponse

Wednesday 23 December 2009

Day 11 of 30 day blogging challenge



Greetings!
I have just viewed one of Louis Theroux "Wierd Weekends". In this particular programme he visits a marriage agency in Thailand that connects Western men with Thai women. The men he meets are genuinely searching for love and have experienced heartbreak and are somewhat disillusioned with women, in particular "Western" women.

Louis' natural interest brings him to a meeting with one of the clients while he meets a Thai woman for the first time. She speaks no English so has the support of an English speaking chaparone. The English man has decided that this woman has potential and gives her his phone number and other contact details, although he has had his heart broken and informs her that every woman he has ever been with has left him for another man. He feels they have connected and invites her and her son to come and visit him. The very next day, he has met and married a completey different woman! Louis is disappointed that he didn't get an invitation! One of the men Louis met at the beginning of the programme had within 3 hours of meeting his Thai bride proposed and married 6 days later. Within 8 days they had separated. I would like to have been able to investigate further what is behind this incredible desire and rush to marry a complete stranger.

I viewed this programme on the same day that I came across this article in The Guardian which is a very strong response to a previous article which discusses the Conservative views on marriage and the family. Both articles make for interesting bedtime reading and highlight the growing political interest in marriage and family life. It is interesting to know that marriage and family life is causing such political debate in Britain. It makes sense to invest time, money and resources to develop strategies to improve family life as this will have long term implications for the economy as well as for families in general.

A great amount of information and research comes from America, I made a journey to San Francisco in 2008 to attend The Smart Marriages conference because I wanted to connect with experts who work in the field of family therapy and relationship / marriage education. I came away feeling incredibly inspired and motivated to bring back something of tremendous value to England because I could see that the vision was to improve the quality of family life by teaching people the skills to have healthy, loving, committed relationships.

Just some of my thoughts for the day.

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

1 comment:

fazrul arhan said...

"The very next day, he has met and married a completey different woman!"-
I wish it's only happen in movie or drama..yet it did happen in a real life..

About Me

My photo
I am passionate about empowering mature men and women to develop the confidence and skills to make conscious choices for their love lives. I believe we are all deserving of exquisite romantic relationships and as such am on a mission to ensure that as many people as possible are able to enjoy a fulfilling love life.

BlogCatalog