Get Your Free Relationship Quiz!

Headline

  • Please send me my free relationship readiness quiz. I want to know what's holding me back from attracting my soul mate.

  • 6 subscribers
  • Email Marketing by GetResponse

Friday 18 December 2009

Day 4 & 5 of 30 day bloggin challenge


Well, yes I didn't post yesterday and I don't suppose it counts adding two days into one. Ah well... The snow yesterday totally threw me off course and I got a bit distracted. I also found so many things to read that I lost track of time so I didn't get around to writing anything.

So those are my excuses and I thought today I would make sure I say something at least because otherwise I will have given up on only the 4th day and I believe that if you give up that early then you really have no intention of making it to the finish line so why begin in the first place?

If it takes 12 days to get somewhere and the journey is arduous so you give up on the 10th day, you will not reach your destination (obviously). So if you continue for another couple of days, you will make it. A little bit each day eventually gets you there.

So I thought I would at least make an effort to catch up and post something today and carry on for the rest of the days otherwise I will feel like I failed right at the beginning.

I am currently reading a book called The Buddha, Geoff and Me: A Modern Story It is written by Edward Canfor Dumas and is a great novel which explains some complex Buddhist theories and teachings in a humourous and intelligent manner. I am really enjoying the story and it helps the reader to learn what Buddhism is about without it being too academic.

I have been practising Nichiren Daishonin Buddhism for several years and as the teachings are from 13th Century Japan, I often struggle with some of the concepts.The Buddha in Daily Life: Introduction to the Buddhism of Nichiren Daishonin is a book I have been meaning to read for some time, I think now is the time for me to get hold of a copy and get down to some studying!
The Buddha, Geoff and Me: A Modern Story is helping me to grasp things in a way I hadn't anticipated. I would recommend reading this book if you are interested in learning more about Buddhism, or even if you just want to read a story that is written brilliantly with likeable characters and an intelligent take on the way people are with each other. I was given the book from a fellow Buddhist and friend, Michele, who has just returned from a week's retreat in France with other members. She read the book on her journey to France and realised it was something that I would really benefit from and enjoy. She was absolutely right.

Every now and then the Universe provides you with something that helps you along the way to learning more and supporting you to developing into the person you were always meant to be. This book is one of those offerings and I realise more and more that opportunities come along all the time and it is entirely up to me whether or not I notice them, make use of them and appreciate them. Each time I make the most of something like this, I increasingly realise that more opportunities are then offered. It becomes an upward spiral of infinitessimal proportions. The message I believe that is being conveyed is to make the most of all the opportunities that are offered and to embrace the teaching that is being shown.

So although I didn't manage to write anything yesterday, I had it in my mind that I wanted to and as soon as the opportunity arose, I sat down and got on with the task in hand. I didn't know that this was what I was going to write about when I started a few minutes ago, so I am really glad I took the time to say something. I don't know who is reading this, but if you do, please leave a comment to let me know your reaction to this post. I look forward to hearing form you and will be back again tomorrow.

Enjoy your evening / night / afternoon wherever you are and whatever you're doing.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am passionate about empowering mature men and women to develop the confidence and skills to make conscious choices for their love lives. I believe we are all deserving of exquisite romantic relationships and as such am on a mission to ensure that as many people as possible are able to enjoy a fulfilling love life.

BlogCatalog