Get Your Free Relationship Quiz!

Headline

  • Please send me my free relationship readiness quiz. I want to know what's holding me back from attracting my soul mate.

  • 6 subscribers
  • Email Marketing by GetResponse

Wednesday 16 December 2009

Day 3 of 30 day power blogging challenge


Every year on about 23rd of December I resign myself to the fact that I can no longer escape the lights, the trees, the colourful decorations and the films and music that jump out from every corner to remind me that the big day is nearly here. On 23rd December I venture out of my house and face the madness of the jam packed shops, the hussle and bussle of the busy high streets, the jossling on public transport and rushing round at the last minute to make sure that I am not the only person in town who is sitting down to a ready cooked meal from the freezer!
I decided to embark on a visit to a local superstore and purchase some fine foods and a couple of bottles of cheer to ensure that I am able to share when visitors arrive and so that I can provide a meal for the family that will have them losening their trousers afterwards because they are filled to the brim.
After having made this decision to go shopping, I made another decision which I felt would inspire me to make good choices for the remainder of the day. I tuned into youtube and viewed an interview with Lisa Nichols . She was one of the guest speakers on The Secret and I enjoy listening to her as she has a great deal to say and is a true inspiration. She mentioned in the interview that she remembers eating beans and sausages with her son on a regular basis when they were struggling and lived in poverty. Today he tells her that his favourite meal is lamb chops. The interview is emotional and it showed Lisa for who she is, a woman who is determined to overcome obstacles to reach her goals "No Matter What" which is the title of her book and a principle she lives by. As the interview came to a close, I looked out of the window and realised that it had begun to snow. I knew that it was time to get going and make my trip to carry out my mission of obtaining supplies for the Christmas period, as well as general groceries.
My partner and I decided to take a cab there and back and we wanted to have a light lunch before walking around the store, which is rather large, to ensure we both had sufficient energy to complete our mission. The cafe that used to be there that provided reasonably priced hot meals and drinks is no longer there and has been replaced by a Costa coffee shop, which charges £3.50 for a small sandwich and another £3 for the coffee. Lunch would cost a minimum of £12! We decided to buy a sandwich from the supermarket and sit on a bench outside as we were sufficiently dressed for the snow!
After we finished our lovely lunch we re-entered the store. We took our time and enjoyed the slow pace with which we carried out our mission. Bit by bit, the trolly became full and it was time to reach the checkout. We had crossed off everything from our list and added a couple of luxury items, which would go nicely with ice! Our cab journey home and the lights that lit our way as we approached the house made me feel more festive than I have in a long time. The incredible thing for me was that the store wasn't full, it wasn't hussle and bussle and there was a great sense of calm among the shoppers.
I am so glad I didn't wait until 2 days before Christmas Day to complete my shopping. I would have remained in the belief that Christmas shopping is crazy and hectic.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am passionate about empowering mature men and women to develop the confidence and skills to make conscious choices for their love lives. I believe we are all deserving of exquisite romantic relationships and as such am on a mission to ensure that as many people as possible are able to enjoy a fulfilling love life.

BlogCatalog