Get Your Free Relationship Quiz!

Headline

  • Please send me my free relationship readiness quiz. I want to know what's holding me back from attracting my soul mate.

  • 6 subscribers
  • Email Marketing by GetResponse

Thursday 14 January 2010

Last post for 30 day powerblog!


I know it's really late in the day, but a little perseverance and I eventually got there. There's a great message for life really isn't there? Do a little bit each day and eventually you will get there. It's the same with any mammoth task if you think about how big it is and allow it to put you off, then it will hold you back from getting to where you want to be. The same can be said for the elusive relationship that many people seek.

Perhaps you have just broken up with someone and are experiencing a tremendous amount of doubt and sadness about your current situation. The idea that you can create the relationship of your dreams couldn't be further from the truth, or so you think.




I was in the exact same place a few years ago and thinking and feeling like I would always feel the immense sadness and despair that I was experiencing at the time. I came across a book that helped me to turn all of this around. This book is called "Ask and It Is Given" by Jerry and Esther Hicks.



At the time I was reading a lot of information about how important it is to "feel good" when all I wanted to do was crawl into a corner and hide away from the rest of the world. To feel good was so out of my vocabulary and experience and I couldn't imagine how things were ever going to change.

I read "Ask and It Is Given" and slowly but surely I began to realise how to move from how I was feeling to a better feeling, albeit a little bit. Moment by moment, day by day I focused my attention on feeling better. Until eventually I began to feel hopeful. One day I turned on the radio and heard "I Can See Clearly Now" by Jimmy Cliff. On hearing this, I knew that I was going to be okay.



I have learned a great deal over the last 30 days about how I procrastinate or avoid doing things to the point where I'd rather be doing something else. I have also made great connections with some very interesting people during the last 30 days and feel a sense of accomplishment that I have finished something I started, even though at times the task seemed unreachable!



Thanks again Connie for setting the 30 day powerblog challenge! I am curious to know what will happen next...watch this space!

2 comments:

fazrul arhan said...

'I have learned a great deal over the last 30 days about how I procrastinate or avoid doing things to the point where I'd rather be doing something else.'-Maeve

This is always true with me too.
I should change my own habits and attitude not to find a reason to delay something i wanna do. A great
post Maeve..wish you will continue with the great writing like this.

Maeve said...

It's very reassuring to know that what I write is being read and having some kind of impact. I will continue to write :-)

About Me

My photo
I am passionate about empowering mature men and women to develop the confidence and skills to make conscious choices for their love lives. I believe we are all deserving of exquisite romantic relationships and as such am on a mission to ensure that as many people as possible are able to enjoy a fulfilling love life.

BlogCatalog