Get Your Free Relationship Quiz!

Headline

  • Please send me my free relationship readiness quiz. I want to know what's holding me back from attracting my soul mate.

  • 6 subscribers
  • Email Marketing by GetResponse

Tuesday 16 June 2009

Loving Parenting




I have spent some time thinking today about what it's all about. As a parent it has always been important to me to make sure I bring my son up to become a peaceful person and to have respect for himself and others. It hasn't always been easy. It has been incredibly rewarding though. I've just finished reading The Buddha in Daily Life, a book by Richard Causton which is an introduction to Nichiren Daishonin Buddhism. While I was reading the book, I experienced some illuminating realisations. I wished I had made some notes. However, what was most important for me was to read the book and absorb the material.
During the time I spent reading, I realised more and more that I have a really great relationship with my teenage son. I notice each day how parents interact with their children and I believe that one of the ways to lasting peace is for parents to develop a greater understanding of who their child is, to encourage them to be who they are and to support them to be true to themselves.
Like I mentioend earlier, it hasn't always been easy bringing up a young man in today's anti young people society. I have often gone against the grain because I have given him the opportunity to find his own way and to make decisions and choices based on the information he has available to him. I see today a young adult who has a strong sense of who he is and what he wants from life. We have our moments of conflict, however, we resolve things in a way that shows respect and one that mostly nurtures a self who is valued and loved. This, I wholeheartedly believe, is a way towards lasting global peace.
Please feel free to leave a comment:

3 comments:

How to make $100 a day in adsense said...

hi friend nice blog

Secret forest said...

Congratulations for this commendable post. I'd like to emphasize and retain your last words: if we love our family and friends we are surely doing our best to support global peace. Thanks a lot.

Maeve said...

Thank you for your comments, I am particularly grateful and appreciative. Please feel free to drop by again soon!

About Me

My photo
I am passionate about empowering mature men and women to develop the confidence and skills to make conscious choices for their love lives. I believe we are all deserving of exquisite romantic relationships and as such am on a mission to ensure that as many people as possible are able to enjoy a fulfilling love life.

BlogCatalog